Thursday, February 2, 2017

2017 Forensic 4:cast Awards Nominations are Open!

Just in case anyone still stops by this blog, I wanted to post that nominations are now open for the 2017 Forensic 4:cast Awards. Click HERE to go and nominate your favorites. I think the 4:cast Awards are a very good thing for the DFIR community and encourage you to participate. Thanks to the great Lee Whitfield for continuing to run the awards program every year. Your efforts do not go unappreciated.

Regarding my last post way back in July, I was unable to attend ArchC0n 2016 due to illness. I'm really sorry to have missed it, especially since I learned recently that this was the final ArchC0n. Congratulations and thanks to Paul Jaramillo and crew for what was an excellent conference.

Since my retirement, I haven't been especially active in the world of forensics. I did work one case for the local sheriff's office that involved a Raspberry Pi. That was my first Linux related investigation and it was pretty interesting. When I get some time and my thoughts together, I'll try to post about it as it was fun working something different than a Windows case.

Till the next time, take care and don't forget to head over to the Forensic 4:cast website and nominate your favorites for an award.


No comments:

Post a Comment